Due to COVID-19, the Family Program is currently paused for in-person family visitation. Despite this, Conifer Park recognizes the importance of family relationships and connectivity to loved ones, so telephonic and video sessions are used to host family sessions during a person’s treatment stay. These sessions can be arranged through case management services. Case managers can also provide referrals for families in need of supportive services due to a loved ones addiction.
Working towards recovery, or being in treatment for a substance use disorder, can be a difficult and often confusing time for the individual receiving services and for the family. The Family Program is designed to help family members learn more about the disease of addiction and how to help. The program consists of lectures, group interactions, and discussions to inform families of different tools, ways to improve communication skills and tactics to assist the entire family heal and recover.
The program consists of lectures, group interactions, and discussions to inform families of different tools, ways to improve communication skills and tactics to assist the entire family heal and recover. The Family Program is a 1-day intensive workshop. Case managers, or their representative, will be available to speak with family members after each session:
- Adult program: Wednesday 9:00am – 3:00pm
These programs are free of charge. Family members are responsible for their lunch ($1.50 for soup and salad or $2.50 for the complete meal) and any other accommodations for their stay.
The Best Western in Clifton Park is a short ride from Conifer Park and provides family members attending the Family Program a discounted price for overnight accommodations.* Please call (518) 371-1811 for more hotel information or to inquire about rates.
If you have any questions, Christine Prell will be happy to assist you at (800) 989-6446 ext. 8106.
Family Program Information
- * This discounted rate is not available from the end of July through the month of August due to the racing season in Saratoga.
- Patients are not allowed to receive packages of any kind during the Family Program. Please mail all care packages to the facility.
- Cell phones are prohibited in Conifer Park and must be left in the car. No pets are allowed on the grounds at Conifer Park. If you bring a pet, you will be asked to drop the pet off at home before returning to the facility.
- Smoking is prohibited by law on the campus of Conifer Park. No visitors, staff or patients may smoke anywhere on the Conifer Park campus, including in your vehicle.
Let Us Help You!
If you or someone you love are having problems with drinking or drug abuse and are not sure where to turn, or who to talk to, we can help. If you or a loved one has a problem with addiction, taking the first step towards recovery is often a difficult. Often, people are afraid to reach out and speak to a health care professional, but we are here to help in any way we can. This is not a process you have to go through alone.
All information shared with our staff at Conifer Park is kept confidential and protected by HIPAA and Federal Confidentiality laws in the state of NY. So please, take that first step today, click on the link below….it may just save yours or someone’s life.